British Comedy Channel Program Guide

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
On Air Now:
Like Us on Facebook

The British Comedy Channel Program Guide – Last updated on the 24/02/2014

We are currently updating the schedule. Check back soon for updates!

All times are in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time ) or UTC  Click here  to see a time zone map

GMTMonTueWedThuFriSatSun
00:00Hancocks Half HourMuch Binding in the MarshHow Tickled I AmJeremy Hardy SpeaksDad's ArmyListen to LesHut 33
00:30Goon ShowThe News QuizAs Time Goes ByThe Clitheroe KidGoon ShowDelve SpecialLittle Britain
01:00Men FTMClaire in the CommunityStory of British ComedySecret Life of Kenneth WilliamsMen FTMAcropolis NowComedy Lucky Bag
01:30ISIRTAMark SteelTake it from HereRadio ActiveISIRTAChambersComedy Lucky Bag
02:00Steptoe and SonYes MinisterThe Clitheroe KidKen DoddSteptoe and SonSpace HacksThat Reminds Me
02:30The Navy LarkThe Unbelievable TruthHinge & BracketMonkhouse ExperienceThe Navy LarkLong Hot SatsumaLike They've Never Been Gone
03:00ISIHACBusiness LarkLee Mack ShowIt's Been a Bad WeekISIHACThe ScarifyersBeyond Our Ken
03:30Round the HorneKing Street JuniorMillion Pound Radio ShowFawlty TowersRound the HorneUp the Garden PathHancocks Half Hour
04:00Hancocks Half HourIt Sticks OutFags and MagsElephants to Catch EelsTake it from HereDad's ArmyRound the Horne
04:30Beyond Our KenOld Harrys GameCount Arthur StrongJim the GreatThe Clitheroe KidGoon ShowISIHAC
05:00The Burkis WayBleak ExpectationsDoctor at Large / HouseElectric InkHinge & BracketMen FTMThe Navy Lark
05:30Roy HuddEducating ArchieEmbassy LarkArthur Haynes ShowHancocks Half HourISIRTASteptoe and Son
06:00Take it from HereDad's ArmyHello CheekyAll Gas & GaitersBeyond Our KenSteptoe and SonDad's Army
06:30The Clitheroe KidGoon ShowParsley SidingsLenin of the RoversThe Burkis WayThe Navy LarkGoon Show
07:00Hinge & BracketMen FTMCabin PressureSmelling of RosesRoy HuddISIHACMen FTM
07:30Men FTMISIRTAJust a MinuteThe 99p ChallengeNebulusRound the HorneISIRTA
08:00Harry WorthSteptoe and SonRevolting PeopleThe Blackburn FilesLife of BlissHancocks Half Hour20th Century Vampire
08:30The CastleThe Navy LarkLikely LadsSecond ThoughtsLinda SmithBeyond Our KenOur Brave Boys
09:00GrumbleweedsISIHACMilton JonesMaltby CollectionInspector StieneThe Burkis WayBrothers in Law
09:30Tony'sRound the HorneMarriage Lines1834Knowing Me Knowing YouRoy HuddDinner Ladies
10:00Jim the GreatHancocks Half HourRigor MortisLife with the LyonsStanley BaxterTake it from HereAny Bloke
10:30Electric InkBeyond Our KenFlywheel & ShysterMuseum of CuriosityIf Your So CleverThe Clitheroe KidEd Reardons Week
11:00Arthur Haynes ShowThe Burkis WayHudson and PepperdineThe SkiversDown the LineHinge & BracketArmando Innanucci
11:30Acropolis NowRoy HuddAbsolute PowerN by NorthamptonshireMark WatsonSon of ClicheChain Reaction
12:00Hancocks Half HourMuch Binding in the MarshBeyond Our KenTake it from HereDad's ArmyListen to LesHut 33
12:30Goon ShowThe News QuizThe Burkis WayThe Clitheroe KidGoon ShowDelve SpecialHinge & Bracket
13:00Men FTMClaire in the CommunityRoy HuddHinge & BracketMen FTMAcropolis NowThe Clitheroe Kid
13:30ISIRTAMark SteelTake it from HereRadio ActiveISIRTAChambersTake it from Here
14:00Steptoe and SonYes MinisterThe Clitheroe KidKen DoddSteptoe and SonSpace HacksRoy Hudd
14:30The Navy LarkThe Unbelievable TruthHinge & BracketMonkhouse ExperienceThe Navy LarkJeremy Hardy SpeaksThe Burkis Way
15:00ISIHACBusiness LarkLee Mack ShowIt's Been a Bad WeekISIHACThe ScarifyersBeyond Our Ken
15:30Round the HorneKing Street JuniorMillion Pound Radio ShowFawlty TowersRound the HorneUp the Garden PathHancocks Half Hour
16:00Hancocks Half HourIt Sticks OutFags and MagsElephants to Catch EelsTake it from HereDad's ArmyRound the Horne
16:30Beyond Our KenOld Harrys GameCount Arthur StrongJim the GreatThe Clitheroe KidGoon ShowISIHAC
17:00The Burkis WayBleak ExpectationsDoctor at Large / HouseElectric InkHinge & BracketMen FTMThe Navy Lark
17:30Roy HuddEducating ArchieEmbassy LarkArthur Haynes ShowHancocks Half HourISIRTASteptoe and Son
18:00Take it from HereDad's ArmyHello CheekyAll Gas & GaitersBeyond Our KenSteptoe and SonDad's Army
18:30Acropolis NowGoon ShowParsley SidingsQuote UnquoteThe Burkis WayThe Navy LarkGoon Show
19:00Jim the GreatMen FTMCabin PressureSmelling of RosesRoy HuddISIHACMen FTM
19:30Alexei Sayle's Alternative TakeISIRTAJust a MinuteThe 99p ChallengeNebulusRound the HorneISIRTA
20:00Tony'sSteptoe and SonRevolting PeopleThe Blackburn FilesLife of BlissHancocks Half HourRecorded For TP
20:30The CastleThe Navy LarkLikely LadsSecond ThoughtsLinda SmithBeyond Our KenAlison & Maud
21:00Rigor MortisISIHACMilton JonesMaltby CollectionInspector SteineThe Burkis WayFawlty Towers
21:30ISIHACRound the HorneMarriage Lines1834Knowing Me Knowing YouRoy HuddSafety Catch
22:00Hinge & BracketHancocks Half HourRigor MortisLife with the LyonsStanley BaxterTake it from HereDrop Me Here Darling
22:30Hancock's Half HourBeyond Our KenAlternative TakeMuseum of CuriosityIf Your So CleverThe Clitheroe KidParadise Lost in Space
23:00Men from the MinistryThe Burkis WayMorecambe & Wise ShowThe SkiversDown the LineHinge & BracketHogg Goes Off
23:30The Clitheroe KidRoy HuddAbsolute PowerAct Your AgeMark WatsonSon of ClicheGrandfathers Head
72 comments on “British Comedy Channel Program Guide
  1. Chris F says:

On 18 February you asked for details of the ‘rogue show’ which “keeps jumping”. I knew the one referred to (as it’s driven me nuts several times!) but I didn’t have the details available at the time. I can now tell you that it’s the episode of ‘The Story of British Comedy’ which you aired again at 0100 UTC on Wednesday 26 March. Please delete it from your files as it can’t be meaningfully listened to (and it certainly can’t be enjoyed by anyone!)

Thanks you for the information, it will be deleted!

2. Norton Folgate says:

Great streams, especially the British Comedy – well done.

One minor point: your interesting note of 21 February 2014 on Parsley Sidings at http://rokradio.com says that it is broadcast “Weekdays at 16:00 GMT” whereas it is scheduled only at 0630 and 1830 GMT on Wednesdays.

Keep up the excellent work and thanks for the memories.

3. Steve says:

There are lots of annoying tones during the ‘Men from the ministry’ at 19:00

Sounds like test tones of different frequencies.

• admin says:

I know that some episodes have been taken off air and were converted by someone using a demo version of an MP3 encoder which applied these tones. I am weeding them out when i find them!

Regards

John

• Stuart rose says:

Thanks, John.

At first, I thought the tones were elevator bells- I thought Lennox-Bron and Lamb were riding up to their offices. And then the tones kept sounding away.

Great station, by the way.

Stuart

4. Sue Samm says:

They are still playing My Word on ABC Radio National in Australia. They used to play My Music but that’s stopped. Don’t know if that helps as a source for you.

5. Pete says:

I can’t get Rok! Haven’t been able to for a few days now, could someone please tell me why? I listen via iPod and iPad. I don’t have problems ordinarily. If anyone from Rok should read this, I have many many CDs of old shows some of which you air and some which I haven’t heard on Rok yet. I am willing to donate these CDs to Rok if you think they will be of any use, as I have copies on various hard drives now. Keep up the hard work.

• admin says:

Thanks you for your offer, as long as the shows you have on CD were recorded off air and are not commercial copies we are interested, or any other recordings that are now in the public domain.

6. sadface says:

is the station down? its been 3 days…hurry back please

7. Bill Thomson says:

Since the recent problems, the British Comedy Channel (only) has disappeared from the PURE radio station list. Also, I can’t reach the technical forum. Any idea when ‘normal service will be resumed’?

• admin says:

Should not effect the PURE radio directory and you should be able to listen. Can you confirm whether it has now reappeared?

• Bill Thomson says:

Thanks for your reply. I can listen to the station within ‘The Lounge’ on my PC, but my PURE Siesta Flow shows ‘station not available’. The American comedy channel has also disappeared from the radio station directory on my PURE Siesta Flow.

8. Sounds like your hdd is on the blink, transmission is jumping from different parts of the shows. I know it isn’t part of the show. :)

• admin says:

Probably a rogue show. Any idea of the episode that was playing and the show name?

• Bill Thomson says:

Thanks for your reply. I can listen to the station within ‘The Lounge’ on my PC, but my PURE Siesta Flow shows ‘station not available’. The American comedy channel has also disappeared from the radio station list.

9. Steve Bettesworth says:

Been a listener for a while now. Enjoy the station immensely, don’t like everything but so what, it’s great to here old favorites and things I never knew existed. Due to the quality of some of the recordings I’m surmising that many are off air recordings made by the public. If so are there any programmes you are on the look out for and in what formats would you want them in?

All the very best and thanks again.

• admin says:

We are always looking for old off-air recordings. Even if we have the show, it may still be a better quality copy that someone may unknowingly own. Unfortunately it was a practice of the BBC to wipe tapes after a show had gone to air and reuse the tape. Countless gems were lost due to this penny pinching. One thing is for sure and that is there must be thousands of shows out there on old reel to reel tapes and the like! Format is irrelevant :)

10. byro says:

I’ve been looking for a show called My Word and its companion My Music. Are these shows available ?

I’ve explored some of the shows, and really enjoy what I’ve heard so far, thanks.

• admin says:

We have episodes of My Word, unfortunately they are the 3 – 4 minute clips which are hard to place. But lets see what we can do! :)

11. Me says:

Brilliant. This is a fabulous station.
    Love Down the line…can I ring in??

12. Ian says:

When do you plan to make changes to the schedule again?
    Will you be adding new shows?

13. partgypsy says:

I have been listening for months. Keep it on at night with a pillow speaker. Very soothing. Helpe ground me.I don’t know how you do it as one person. Thanks! Do you take cash donations?

14. Sid Saunders says:

As someone who was born in 1943 and our only entertainment was the radio can I say a big thank you.
    As a fan of Tony Hancock who has every episodes on MP3 its still nice to snuggle up in bed and hear him until I drop off to sleep then if I wake in the night hear another classic BBC radio show.
    Again thank you!

15. david moore says:

Thanks for getting that tune for me….I love Herb Albert

16. David P says:

For the guy looking for the music between hours sometimes, I think you are looking for the Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass- Tune is: A Taste of Honey

david moore says:
    November 17, 2013 at 12:03 pm
    There’s a trumpet piece between sketches which I love and want to find where it comes from.

17. Steve D says:

Your station is a real tonic.
    Rolling comedy is exactly what is needed to help those sleepless nights.
    I find the whole experience very addictive.
    It seems you’ve plundered the BBC archive for some real gems: Arthur Haynes and A Life Of Bliss are not mainstream Radio 4 Extra fodder.
    I always had a soft spot for The Men From The Ministry, Jimmy Clitheroe and All Gas And Gaiters.
    Now if you could just up your bit rate a tad, all would be perfect…

18. Andrew Sandars says:

Wonderful. Makes my day and night. So many memories. Old and new. Thank you so much for your hard work. Very much appreciated.

19. david moore says:

20. Alfred says:

Thanks for all of your hard work on this, I started listening months ago on occasion and find myself spending more and more time enjoying the great variety of shows. As a listener from Wisconsin, USA, I don’t have much exposure to the majority of these programs so this is a real treat!

21. Ash says:

Have you got oh mother with mollie sugden?

22. david moore says:

Can you please tell me what who wrote the theme music and what it is called. For peace of mind. Great station

23. Poppy Maclean says:

Thank you for my favourite internet radio station. I love ISIHAC it’s the highlight of my days…..

Is there any chance of adding My Word to your programming?

Again thank you for all your work. Your passion is greatly appreciated.

Canberra, Australia

24. smurf is mike says:

love it all ..doing well . mt maunganui ..new zealand

25. Darius croxton says:

Really love this station I use it all the time. Love the old ads. Could you possibly look for black adder. Nobody plays it on the radio, I don’t know why, I have tapes of it so it can be played on audio media. And its really good. Also Elven Quest. Thats very good. Could you play that? Keep up the good work. Its really really appreciated. Thank you.

26. mj davies says:

Great radio stations listen to most of them , but stop cutting ends off when cast are being read out please most annoying part, also would it be possible to publish series and episode info on website rather than on programmes themselves

• admin says:

Thanks for your message. Unfortunately the cutting short of the end on some programs is the price that is paid for running a schedule. We have more than 80,000 shows of all different lengths, it is a nightmare. I could only play shows that were a maximum 28 minutes in length, but then 1000′s of great programs would never go to air!

Series and episode guides could be published, but unfortunately I do not have the time resources to make this a reality at the moment. This is something I do for the love of radio and not for profit, so I have to work :)

27. Jeffrey Lloyd says:

As a regular listener (day and night) I just wanted to express my appreciation to the people behind, what is without doubt, the best radio station on the internet. The work put into providing a wide range of the very best of quality radio, results in true non-stop entertainment. A life enhancing experience I would not want to be without. Thanks again.

28. howard wiitts says:

Great station. Love I’m Sorry I Haven’t A. Clue with Humph. Keep up the good work.

29. Carole says:

Thank you for the promt action getting this fantastic station back up and running

30. Patricia Tovey says:

It’s wonderful to find all the old shows,from the late 40′s onward, my favorites are ‘Hinge and Bracket’ Around the Horn, Beyond our Ken, Take it From Here. Had a panic attack when I got the error message, thank goodness the problem have been fixed. Thank you.

• admin says:

Thanks for your concern, I nearly had a heart attack also when I realized what the problem was, but managed to salvage the database and install back-ups :) We have been running without technical issues since April, so it was about time something came along!!

31. Carole says:

Unable to stream ROK radio on tunein get error message ‘ unable to stream’ can you look into this please?

32. sue samm says:

At last, I’ve found you. So many childhood memories! And new shows as well. Here in Australia the ABC play some of the old favourites, but they are scheduled in the early hours when I should be asleep. Now I don’t have to listen to talkback, or ads. Thank you, you are giving me so much pleasure.

33. Joe van den Bergh says:

How can I include your channel on my Roberts Stream 83i internet radio

Many thanks Joe

Hi Joe

I have been trying in vain to find out which radio directory this unit uses to power the internet radio function. We are available on most directories and stand-a-lone units, but this one seems to be a bit of an anomaly!

I have sent the manufacturer an email and asked the question, I will get back to you when I have their answer.

John

34. Ian says:

Any chance of adding ‘After Henry’ and ‘No commitments’. A few more episodes of ‘Count Arthur Strong’ and ‘cabin pressure’ would be good too.

35. Rob says:

This is so good! I find myself listening constantly. Thanks so much.

36. tony says:

brilliant not a lot more to say

37. Paul Kitchen says:

I am certainly an addict and it is great to hear so many great comedies I remember. Any chance of finding “Struck Off and Die”, it was done with Dr Phil Hammond and Tony Gardner in the mid 90′s? It was funny then and I am sure it is still funny now.

38. Brilliant, by far the best radio station on the planet! With so many great comedies there is never a dull minute. Keep up the good work

39. qBob says:

Brilliant channel – leaving now never a moment when I can’t find something listen to on radio. Only snag – when do you expect me to sleep?

40. TALLPAUL713 says:

Absolutely spot on! Love it!

41. Robert says:

As another correspondent has already commented, ROK’s “British Comedy Channel” fills the gaps that BBC 4 Extra leaves – a great service, thanks a lot!

42. Moz says:

Blinding service,takes up where Radio 4Extra leaves off. Brings back memories of early 60′s Sunday lunch,waiting for the BFPO program to finish before ‘Round The Horne’ or ‘The Clitheroe Kid started. I can almost smell the burnt cabbage.tyvm

43. Trevor says:

One word ‘brilliant’ thanks for the smiles and the hours of great listening.

44. Adrian says:

a god send for an expat working in North Africa.. every evening a easy smile as old, and not so old comedy greats entertain… thanks for making it possible…

45. Guernsey Zoo says:

Thank you for providing such a wonderful service. I now often enjoy falling asleep and waking up listening to classic British comedy. Thanks to your stream, I can hear both old favourites, and discover new shows too. Will you ever have any of the “99p Challenge” shows in your lineup?

• admin says:

Good news, the ’99p Challenge’ has been added to our schedule. You can hear it every Thursday at 07:30 & 19:30 GMT

Happy Listening!

The 99p Challenge is a spoof panel game originally broadcast on BBC Radio 4. The show is presented by Sue Perkins and features a selection of regular panelists such as Armando Iannucci and regular writers Kevin Cecil, Andy Riley, Jon Holmes and Tony Roche. Panelists are given silly tasks by Perkins (in a manner not dissimilar to those given on I’m Sorry I Haven’t A Clue by Humphrey Lyttelton) and are awarded pence for being funny. The player with the most money at the end of the show is given the chance to win 99p. It has been shown in some episodes that the gamble is compulsory, even if the winner has amassed a fortune of more than 99p in the game.
      This is the second version of the panel game that was previously transmitted by BBC Radio 4 in 1998 as King Stupid. It was then hosted by William Vandyck and featured much the same line-up of comedians and satirists. The contestants were awarded points instead of pence.

46. Carole A. SAURIOL says:

I’m from the UK, live in Canada for past 45 years, missed BBC radio/TV like mad, given iPod and iPad as gifts 5 yrs ago and found Tunein app. Logged on to BBC and last year discovered ROK UK comedy. GMT isn’t that difficult, just add 5 hrs. I want to say Thank you for all the channels I listen to Sherlock Holmes, all my old favs. Even some old time mystery. Keep up the GREAT work

47. Ash says:

Can you change schedual to bst

Hi
      Not really as we have listeners all over the world. the only constant we can keep is GMT, which always remains the same. Bit of a nightmare with 5 channels :)

48. Ash says:

Old schedule was better same thing same time every day

• admin says:

Problem is that we have listeners all over the globe and it is very difficult to please everyone. I have had so many requests over the past 12 months to give everyone the chance to listen to their favorite programs in their time zones. That could be someone in the US, UK, Australia or New Zealand. Lets see how it goes and I will make fine adjustments…